Terms & Conditions
- Auction Cancellation Policy
- Bid Cancellation Policy
- Order Cancellation Policy
- Auction Changes
- Lot Descriptions and Images
- System Availability
- Bid Reinstatement
- Payment and Sales Tax
- Returns Policy
- About Thompson Cigar Auctions Products
- Exchange Policy
- Customer Service
- Credit Card Declined / Bad Credit
- Account Cancellation Policy
Thompson Cigar Auctions is designed to provide a fair and objective auction for all participants. To maintain fairness, we stand by these auction practices and adhere strictly to the following terms and conditions.
It is a violation of the law to make bids under a false name or with an invalid credit card. We strongly advise you not to test the auction with false bids, as it will put you at substantial personal legal risk. Fraudulent bidders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Please be aware that even if you do not give us your real name, your Web browser transmits a unique address to us, which can be used by law enforcement officials to identify you. Both the FBI and the US Secret Service are responsible for investigating all Internet fraud cases.
Users attempting to "cheat" the bidding system by altering or tampering with the course of normal bidding, or by editing bids for the purpose of altering bids or prices in a manner in which it was not intended, may have their bids canceled and their account immediately suspended at the sole discretion of Thompson Cigar Auctions.
Auction Cancellation Policy
Thompson Cigar Auctions reserves the right to cancel an auction or issue a Return Merchandise Authorization for merchandise that is posted in error, does not confirm to specifications or was shipped in error.
Bid Cancellation Policy
All bids are final. Only Thompson Cigar Auctions reserves the right to cancel bids.
Order Cancellation Policy
All orders are final. If you must cancel an order prior to shipment, the order is handled as a return and you will be assessed a 15% re-stocking fee. Excessive cancellation may result in the revocation of bidding privileges.
Thompson Cigar Auctions reserves the right to change posted quantities, remove from sale or re-offer items that were previously withdrawn. We also reserve the right to close auctions early or to extend auctions at any time and at our discretion. Posted closing times and displays of Thompson Cigar Auction's current time are approximate and based on Eastern Standard Time.
Lot Descriptions and Images
Thompson Cigar Auctions makes every effort to ensure that product descriptions and images are accurate. However, Thompson Cigar Auctions is not responsible for typographic or image display errors. Images are for demonstration purposes only. Size, shape, color, and quantity may differ.
Thompson Cigar Auctions makes every effort to maintain 100% system availability, except during scheduled maintenance periods, which are posted on the site. Should we experience technical difficulties, we are not responsible for bids that are not processed or accepted.
We keep track of all unsuccessful bids. If a problem occurs with a winning bid in an open auction, Thompson Cigar Auctions may reinstate your currently unsuccessful bid to winning status at your last bid price.
Payment and Sales Tax
We are required to collect and remit sales tax in the following states. Remittance of any other state’s taxes is the responsibility of the purchaser.
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- Thompson Cigars Auctions does not collect sales or use tax on purchases made from Louisiana.
- Louisiana requires Thompson Cigar Auctions and other retailers to notify purchasers that sales via the Internet, catalog, or other remote means are subject to use tax.
- Louisiana requires residents making a purchase for shipment into the state to file a tax return at the end of the year reporting all taxable purchases that were not taxed, and to pay use taxes on those purchase
Where applicable, every product we sell is backed by a returns policy. If you have questions about particular products, please contact us before bidding on merchandise. Most, but not all, products are covered by the following returns policy.
- Within 10 days of shipment, Thompson Cigar Auctions offers return privileges and refunds for shortages, missing, damaged or defective items only. All other sales are final. Should a return be necessary, please note the following:
- You must have an assigned Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number before the merchandise can be returned. No unauthorized returns will be accepted.
- All returns must be in original condition, complete with any accessories and in original unopened packaging.
- Thompson Cigar Auctions will refund your credit card after the product has been received, inspected and tested. If the product is not found to be defective upon inspection, we will charge a 15% restocking fee, plus shipping costs.
- Thompson Cigar Auctions may elect, at its discretion, to replace defective merchandise in lieu of a refund.
- Thompson Cigar Auctions cannot supply return freight instructions for merchandise shipped to a foreign APO/FPO address. While we will issue an RMA number, all return freight charges are the responsibility of the buyer.
About Thompson Cigar Auctions Products
All cigars auctioned on Thompson Cigar Auctions are brand new and in perfect condition, fresh from the manufacturer. All cigar products are stored in a controlled environment under optimum humidity and temperature conditions until shipped. We recommend storing and protecting your cigar purchases in a humidified environment upon receipt of products. Thompson Cigar Auctions cannot be held responsible for cigars that are not treated properly by winning bidders. Please contact Thompson Cigar Auctions if you have any questions about the proper care of fine cigars. All merchandise and non-cigar products are new, unless otherwise stated. If you have questions, please check with Thompson Cigar Auctions prior to placing a bid. Thompson Cigar Auctions disclaims all other warranties or conditions, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
All items are offered on a limited time basis, as long as supplies last. Thompson Cigar Auctions cannot guarantee continued availability, nor be responsible for a replacement item if an item is unexpectedly out of stock, defective or is missing parts. The dynamic nature of the auction makes it impossible for us to replace or exchange merchandise that is out of stock, defective or missing parts. We do not reserve inventory for replacement or exchanges. However, we may offer such items again in the future as supplies permit.
Thompson Cigar Auctions offers a complete range of customer services for customers. Should you have any questions - from placing your first bid, to tracking a package, to resolving a quality problem - contact Customer Service. We commit to respond to your request in a prompt manner (often within one business day). If we have committed an error, we're determined to fix it!
Credit Card Declined / Bad Credit
If your credit card is declined, Thompson Cigar Auctions will notify you by phone or email within 48 hours of your order. As a courtesy orders may be held up to one week, however there may be times when a declined order is immediately canceled and given to the next bidder.
$20 cancellation fee will be imposed if your credit card is not resolved in one week's time.
You may contact Thompson Cigar Auctions customer service to resolve your problem by:
- calling customer service at 1-866-615-1513 during normal business hours
- contact customer service by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- simply reply to the "declined credit card notice" email
If your order is canceled as the result of a credit card decline you will be assessed a $20 cancellation fee. Please note, cancelled orders cannot be reinstated. Multiple and/or periodic occurrences of this situation may result in account termination at Thompson Cigar Auctions.
Account Cancellation Policy
Use of Thompson Cigar Auctions is not a commitment to sell. We ask all users to act in accordance with Thompson Cigar Auctions procedures. Thompson Cigar Auctions reserves the right to cancel or suspend user accounts.